Thank you for following me xx

Thursday 2 June 2011

Sweetie Tilda - Paper Play DT Card

Good morning peeps,
I've just ordered my Magnolia Ink Magazine from one of my favourite UK sites The Glitter Pot, they always provide fab service and I know it will be posted through my letterbox tomorrow, make sure you take a peek at the Simon Says Stamp advert!

I had a fabulous day with the lovely Mandy yesterday, we had a good gossip & put the world to rights, did a bit of colouring & a whole lot of laughing :)

I didn't manage to make my Paper Play DT card on Tuesday due to having a migraine & trying very hard to keep my stomach contents where they should be, too much information maybe lol. Anyway rather than admit defeat & miss making a DT card for the first time, as soon as I got home yesterday evening I was straight in my craft room and whipped up the quickest card I've ever made, hopefully it won't be too obvious!

Today is new challenge day at
this week our lovely Ren-Yi has set the challenge of
as long as your card is citrus looking any of the above colour combo's is fine

Ingredients -
Papers - sorry I can't remember, grabbed from stash
Butterfly - CC Designs butterfly, currently out of stock but you can pop it on your wish list in store
Corners - e-crafts
Ribbon - birthday pressie from mummy, thank you xxx
Flowers - Wild Orchid

The corners I'd painted previously as they were quite a gaudy gold colour so I slapped on some gesso primer and then Tim Holtz picket fence crackle paint & hey presto no longer gaudy lol. The sparkle is of course my usual favourite crystal glamour dust, have I ever told you I love this super sparkly stuff lol.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Card Patterns - fab sketch, Truly Scrumptious - summer sparkle, Fun With Shapes & More - sparkle, All That Scraps - anything goes, Fab n Funky - what'eva', Make It Monday - anything goes, Stamp With Fun - in the garden, Top Tip Tuesday - ribbon, Pear Tree designs - sparkle

I won't be posting again until Sunday as I've had so little time for blogging & card making lately I want to spend a couple of days trying to catch up with you all & hopefully get myself back on track with returning comments for you lovely people.

I've had strict orders from hubby to rest today as driving always hurts my shoulder but I'm blowed if I'm giving up driving especially as it took me such a long time to get back behind the wheel after my car accident.
 I am currently sat here doing what I'm told and resting looking around waiting not so patiently for the housework fairy to make an appearance, I presume she will call knowing nobody else that lives here is qualified to do it lol.
Thanks for stopping by


48 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Mandy! I must pop over and have little look at the challenge! Hope you're feeling better after your migraine.
    *hugs* Sal x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gorgeous card Mandy and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh Mandy, this card is soooo beautifull!!! Love the way you colored Tilda, beautifull colors green!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandy

    What a lovely card. And the collours are so beautiful!
    I have a quistion. I love the butterfly. Thit you make that with a pons? And wich one is it?

    Hugs mariska

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable, love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this is one of your 'quickies' then you have no probs making fabulous cards Mandy!! But then we all know that already do we not? Take things easy over the next few days hun - I can empathise with your pain totally tho I have virtually none now after my op! Be good, Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mandy
    A card is beautiful,
    so delicate and lovely yet
    Superbly painted Tilda stamp
    so subtly and wonderfully
    I'm in love thy work
    Forgive mistakes but I write poorly in English

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card! Lovely image and perfect soft tones. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning.
    Migrain!!!! Horendous you have my sympathy. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Mandy, love the way you slap on the crackle paint and make something great !!! Glad you had a good day, you deserve it but .... (if you tell anyone I said this I will have to kill you lol) do as 'im indoors says and REST !! rofl

    Hugs, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Mandy,love the colour's,
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mandy this card is beautiful! The soft green is so pretty and love it mixed with the white embellies! Love what you did with the corners, and Sweetie Tilda is so precious! Can't wait to get her! Fabulous card!
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mandy, your card is beautiful. So fresh and pretty. Love your colour choice and the image is so sweet.

    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty, Mandy!!!!!

    HUGS SUSY

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish my quickie makes turned out as gorgeous as this! Love the soft green colours & that butterfly is a real must have.
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Mandy!!! Love the way you craftily altered the corners ~~I guess that is why we are crafters:) LOL
    I have to check out that butterfly--new purchase~~Hee hee
    Hugz hun

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful card. I love the colours.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card Mandy. Love the layout, looks so delicate x

    Hope your migraine has gone!!! I used to suffer with these ... it was down to high blood pressure!
    So, go get it checked if you haven't already x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mandy,
    Absolutely gorgeous card,love the image and beautiful colour,looks so pretty :)
    Have a lovely evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous card just love it
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet card Mandy I never thought about painting up those corners before! Love the soft colours on this, glad you had a fab day yesterday hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous Mandy!
    The pretty pastel shades of green are gorgeous, and I always love your embellies.

    Hugs Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Mandy this is absolutely beautiful what gorgeous soft colours and design, the embellishments and Tilda look juust perfect.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just beautiful Mandy, I love everything about this card. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I think I NEED this Tilda, hmmm, yep I do ;-) I love the corners too, they look stunning, so perfect on your card. Enjoy the sunshine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely stunning Mandy, love the very pretty green and gorgeous embellies. Sorry to hear your shoulder is still playing up hun, hope it gets better soon. Don't worry over the housework, it is'nt going anywhere.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  26. gorgeous card Mandy! no obvious signs of 'whipped up card' here!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mandy I love this soft green, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely gorgeous card Mandy and so adorable too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG, such a great card. I love this soft green very much, your card is really elegant.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a gorgeous card Mandy, green is my favourite colour and this is such a pretty green :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Poor Mandy.bad shoulder dodgy tummy,migraine your not having the best of luck at the min,but hope the weather will cheer you up,help relax you and give you chance to chill!Your card is stunning,you call this a rush job!it`s beautiful!
    Hope you feel better soon,
    Take care Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow Mandy youve done a brilliant job on that card and the green choice looks stunning. hugs Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a lovely shade of green. Excellent card as always. Hope you feel better soon. Jeanette & Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a beauty Mandy, love the pastel colours and your papers are beautiful too.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful pastel shades, very pretty. wish I could 'whip' up a card as pretty as this..lol..
    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ah Mandy she is beautiful, that background green is so yummy!
    Hope you're feeling the benefit of a bit of rest, have a great weekend!
    Best Wishes
    Hayley xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is just so pretty x thank you for joining us at the pear tree designs this week linda x

    ReplyDelete
  38. It;s absolutely not obvious that this is a quick card.
    It's lovely and the colors are beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Babette

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm soooooo loving this soft and pretty card Mandy! You continue to create such stunners girl ♥
    Hope you are having a marvelous Sunday!!!
    Love you lots :)
    Lori xxx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Totally beautiful - love that soft green palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh this is gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week
    Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great card, good luck at PTD this week x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Mandy this is just gorgeous. Love that soft green, it's so fresh and pretty. Beautiful colouring as well.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  44. gorgeous, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such a gorgeous card Mandy. Love the image and the colours. Thanks for joining us this week at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  46. really lovely colours on this card - so soft and nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins