Thank you for following me xx

Monday 13 May 2013

Sweet hAnglar & My Fabulous News - Addicted To Stamps DT

Helllo peeps,
 I am a little late with my DT card as yesterday was a family day which I'll say more about at the end of my post & I can't believe I'm actually saying this but I went back to work today for the first time since my car accident almost 8 years ago :)
I do hurt like mad tonight but I've done it, I've proved my consultant wrong once again as he said I'd never work again with my shoulder injury, I just love proving that man wrong lol. I did get told by my work a few weeks ago that I wouldn't be able to return to work after all due to the severity of my injury which I was devastated about, but after the tears I dusted myself down & decided to fight harder so went to another meeting on Thursday & started back on shift today. I haven't been able to return to the home I worked in due to the violence possibly being too much for my shoulder to cope with so I am working part-time in a small home which has only 6 residents & very little violence to deal with & is more nursing care. It's not ideal as I like more of a challenge rather than general nursing & maybe in time it won't be enough for me & I'll get bored, but it's a start, so for now I'm a happy girl :)

Today I have my DT card for
ADDICTED TO STAMPS
& this fortnight our challenge is
GREY / CREAM & PINK
I thought I'd dig out some hAnglar's for a change, these cuties were very kindly given to me by the lovely Heather, thanks so much hunny, and the pretty corner was a gift from my lovely friend Maggs who I'm sure is my secret twin as we are so alike it's spooky lol.
The copic colours I've used are -
skin - E11, E00, E000, R12, hair - E44, E43, E41, clothes & hats - C5, C3, C1, C0 / RV95, RV93, RV91 / C1, C00, wings & shoes - E53, E51, E50

I'm entering my card in the following challenge -
Make It Monday - anything goes, Inspire Me Fridays - anything goes, Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia - inspirational piccy
Some of you may remember reading my post about the awful day Jodie's friend Jake was sadly killed in a motorbike accident.
Jodie has been struggling & tearful for a couple of weeks as yesterday Jake would have been 20 years old & normally about 2 weeks before his special day Jake would start sending Jodie early morning texts telling her how many sleeps until his birthday lol. There were lots of tears shed over the weekend but everyone agreed Jake's birthday should try and be a happy day & a celebration of Jake's life so family & friends got together & rode / drove to the beach and shared a birthday cake for Jake.
Hubby took a few pictures of everyone, Jodie is behind hubby's Harley with Jake's niece sat on the bike and Jake's sisters are holding the birthday cake.
Everyone then released Jake's favorite colour balloons before heading back to Taunton to the pub for Jake's favorite tipple WKD (other brands are available as they say on TV lol)
A beautiful birthday celebration for a beautiful boy who always put a smile on everyone's face.
Happy Birthday Lil' Jakey :)
Thanks for stopping by



32 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning mandy. The image is adorable and I love the gorgeous enbellishments.
    It was lovely to hear that some comfort could come in remembering jake in a way he would have loved.
    Hugs Sharon. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you Mandy!!!!! This is totally wonderful news and even if you're sore, you DID it!!!! Congrats honey! Another wonderful card (but then, when do we see any other one from you, lol!!!).
    Happy Birthday to Jake, it's a beautiful way to remember him.
    Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy... how lovely for you to share your wonderful personal news! Congrats! Also great to see the photos of your trip to the beach, and the lovely gesture of balloons and cake for Jakes memory. As far as your card, well, I have reciently aquired some Hangler Stangler stamps and was just coloring up a few just now when I saw your post!!! Precious card...I just LOVE your style...thers no mistaking a mandy card!

    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 'naughty' little twin (well, of course i am the good one ;-) ) - your card is exquisite as always, I did try to lift up their hats to see if they had a Tilda hiding under there ;-) (having a wicked chuckle to think i contributed to this beautiful work of art, even in a tiny way lol)
    As for the rest of your post, will message you properly tomorrow honey, but would like to say that i think to celebrate Jake's life the way you did, thats pure style ! - but in the meantime, hugest of hugs to you and yours xxx
    (these little boxes arent big enough for our convo's lol) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww!! Sweet card and images Mandy and what a lovely way to remember Jake!!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on going back to work!!!! I'm also sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card, beautiful photographs and a lovely way to celebrate Jake's life, but best of all, brilliant news. Take it one step at a time...hugs
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! This is so sweet! Love your card - it is perfect in any way - coloring, embellies... :)Great!
    Have a nice day, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great news, Mandy.
    Lovely and sweet hÂnglar card, you don't see them so often, but I love them,
    hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card Mandy, love it all.
    What a great way to remember Jake's birthday.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card.. So so Sweet!.. Beautiful Coloring .. layers and Flower creation :o).. and guess what arrived at my mailbox saturday!.. Haven´t had time to write to you sooner.. the weekend has been crazy with lots of things to do, people to visit. and visitors. :o) I am Thrilled I must say... Jumping up and down and today I really got time to look at those sweet images.. Love Love Love!! I am gonna love them forever!!! :o) If you ever need something.. -Just let me know!!!!

    And the Bubbling Tilda and Summer Flower Tilda Is for sure going to land in my mailbox really soon.. As they were more stunning in real life.... (loved it!!!) Thank you so much!!! You know where to ask for a return favor!!! Okay!!I

    I am so happy to hear that you have been able to go to work... But please be careful and take it easy.. .. You need both your arms to make cards .. and you are supposed to feel okay after work too.. So Please Please be careful.!!!.. Hope you feel Fantastic.. !!!. And well done getting back to work after that!!!..
    Sounds like your weekend have been packed too.. And I feel so much respect that you all celebrated his life like that.. Even though it must have been tough.... I feel with you all.. Sending you lots of love from Norway!.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello stranger (hanging head in shame) - wow so much happening but I see that your work is still totally brilliant and awesome. Love that little Hanglar lass. Well done on the return to work hun, I am sure you have heard it a million times but be careful. Please. And what a lovely way to say happy birthday to Jake. He will be smiling in heaven as those balloons pop up to greet him. Big hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Mandy. Love it.
    Such a lovely way to remember Jake.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Mandy! Well done you for getting back to work, even if it means you are aching and sore, it is still a huge achievement!
    I love your sweet Hanglar card, beautifully coloured and embellished, as only you do! As Rina said, you can always tell a Mandy card! ;-)

    It's always difficult to think of those that have been taken before their time, but what a lovely way to remember Jake! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beuatiful, Mandy!!!

    HUGS SUSY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hallo Mandy,eine zauberhafte Karte und viel Erfolg bei der Arbeit,liebe Grüße ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Mandy, well deserved sweetie.
    Another gorgeous card too:)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous card... I love the little mini added to the front too lol & I think I have the same papers you've used.. I envy people who can use a sewing machine coz it looks so awesome on cards.... I've tried so many times & just cant do it LOL I love all the embellishments too... mine always seems OTT when I try it LOL
    Looks like Lil' Jakey woulda had a birthday to remember.... the cake & the balloons with his family & friends woz an awesome idea & I hope Jodie is managing to come to terms with everything better... its still relatively raw but as the old cliche goes 'time is a great healer'.... thanx for sharing your creation :)

    love n hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This is gorgeous, Mandy! I love this! Great coloring!

    Hugs,
    Dian

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats for backing to work!!!!!
    fab card usual Mandy ;)
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh fab photos Mandy and wow your card is as always stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab card and congrats on getting back to work. Take it easy tho hun. And what a wonderful way to remember Jake - your daughter is a wonderful friend and I am sure he is very proud to have been her friend during his short life. Hugs to you all, Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like your works! Thank you for the beauty and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are such a sweetheart Mandy. Fab tribute to Jake. Very best wishes for your return to work - take it easy! Superb card as always. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  25. So sorry I've been awol, I just can't keep up with my commenting :-( Your card is stunning and I am so happy to read you've gone back to work. Hope it all works out well for you. Big hugs to Jodie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute card! So sweet and such lovely colours!
    Didn't know about your accident since now, but like you said it's a start, and you've proved your consulent wrong (think you had an evil smile on your face when you wrote that ;)).
    What a lovely way of remembering Jake this way, it's a sad incident but what you guys did to remember him made me smile. A great way of showing your respect!
    Love,
    http://littlecreass.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card,
    good luck with work
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Mandy,
    First off I want to say your card is just too darling! I really love that image and all the beautiful flowers too! And I also wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave me such sweet comments. Your words were so kind and really mean so much to me. That's awesome you were able to prove them wrong to be able to get a second chance, that had to have been so hard, I couldn't imagine what you've been through. And so very sorry to hear about your daughters friend, so very devastating. She's so strong and such a wonderful friend to do this tribute for him. And you're right, it does amaze me sometimes the amount of love and support from fellow crafters and bloggers. This is an amazing community to be a part of!
    Thank you for sharing your creation and story.
    Big hugs,
    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Mandy,
    Wow what a delightful card,
    glad you found the stamped images,
    and coloured them so beautifully,
    a simply stunning card.
    Good luck with your job, take care,
    Sending huggles to you all,
    hugs,
    Heather & Bronwyn x x

    ReplyDelete
  30. gorgeous card Mandy!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us @ Inspire Me Fridays! always a pleasure to see your beautiful cards!

    Glad to hear you were able to return to work, what an accomplishment! :)
    The ride looks like it was a wonderful tribute to Jake, so many friends & family coming together to make for a happy time out of such a sad tragedy.
    take care, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Mandy
    Exquisite creation ! Beautiful colouring and embellishing .

    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wowzers such a cute card. Well done on your return to work lovely, so pleased for you. Awww bless Jodie, I am sure Jake would have been watching all the celebrations :) Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins