Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 1 June 2016

Mask It! - Simon Says Stamp DT Card

Good afternoon lovely peeps!
I am having a much needed few days off work starting today & have several crafty projects on the go which I am itching to get finished.
Thanks to some lovely customers my little Etsy shop has been very busy of late so hopefully I will have some new creations to restock it again very soon :)


It's Wednesday which means -
 at
& this week our challenge is
MASK IT!
there are several ways you can create a mask, by simply tearing paper you can create hills and valleys, die cutting a shape, using a stencil or masking fluid or simply stamping an image onto scratch paper and cutting around it. The possibilities are almost endless! We will be looking forward to seeing what technique you use to create your project!
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.
Do you use Instagram ?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 

 This week my lovely teamies & I are featuring some gorgeous 
ALTENEW
   goodies on our cards. You don't have to use them to enter our challenge but we'd love to see them if you do.


As you can see for today's DT card I have gone very CAS and masked together some stamps from Altenew's beautiful Botanical Garden stamp set.

I have stamped onto Simon's copic friendly card stock & used a lovely sentiment from Simon's Lila's Heart stamp set. 
Usually when I mask stamps I always use a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig but as I didn't need to be so precise with the placement of these pretty flowers so I didn't use it for the image, but as I was stamping my sentiment directly onto my card I used it to make sure it was perfectly lined up & I didn't end up with a wonky sentiment!

The copic colours I've used are -
G43, G40, YGO6, YG63 & YR23, YR21, YR20, YR04.
I also added a few other green copics but didn't write them down I'm sorry to say.
50dollar_voucher_600px
As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 

Simon Says Stamp

I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Lemon Shortbread - anything goes,  Not Just Cards - anything goes.Our Crafty Corner - anything goes.
That's me finished for today, thanks for stopping by

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Mandy, I love that you used all green, with a little yellow on the butterfly, the whole design is stunning! LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Mandy - your green flowers are so sweet, as is that adorable sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, this is gorgeous. You masked the images so beautifully that it appears to be one large stamp. :o) The colors are so serene and the sentiment makes my heart flutter. Lovely work, friend. I hope you enjoy your days off and I look forward to seeing the projects you have in store for us. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow , love that green
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant card, Mandy! You really seem to be embracing CAS and do such a lovely job of it too! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring--lovely card, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. Love the color--who'd think of coloring flowers green? Love it. And the stitching around the rectangle is great. Would love to know how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card!!!! Your coloring is amazing!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Mandy ... soft, delicate colouring and such glorious white space ... so deliciously CAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins